Janine Daddo - Artist - PaintingsCelebrated Australian Artist Janine Daddo has a natural exuberance for life which allows her to gain great joy from the everyday moments that most of us take for granted. Her observations of these moments are the inspiration for her paintings, with their figurative twist of forms and playful ideas that recreate the innocence and magic of youth. Her confident use of evocative colours and bold textures help to convey this enthusiasm of the little things that we all felt as children, or the passion that new love brings. They are happy, and they entice the viewer to feel happy. Janine has enjoyed sell out shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. She has been painting full time since 1994 and has a background in advertising and fashion. Janine invites us to look again, lose yourself in the romance of life and celebrate the simple moments captured in her joyous paintings.
Janine Daddo - Artist BiographyJanine Daddo's natural exuberance for life allows her to gain great joy from the everyday moments that most of us take for granted. Her observations of these moments are what inspire her paintings and her desire to share the simple magic that is all around us. To capture the moments that shape us and inspire us, Janine Daddo uses bold figurative interpretations brought to life through the confident and evocative use of colour. The powerful combination of large canvas brings smiles to faces and a positive enjoyable energy to the space in which they hang. Many of her paintings capture the purity and the unbridled enthusiasm for the little things that we all felt as children or the passion that new love brings. Sometimes it's the pause before trying something new, perhaps forbidden, or of a momentary second glance. Too often it's the images that somehow often get overlooked along the way in our busy lives. Janine Daddo has enjoyed 'sell-outs' in Sydney and Melbourne and her work is now enjoyed in private collections throughout Australia and as far a field as London and New York. Janine graduated from Graphic Art and Design at RMIT in 1981, before embarking on a successful career in advertising. A career which gave a great many awards and rewards that are strongly evident in her colourful work. Janine Daddo invites us to look again, lose yourself in the romance of life and celebrate the simple moments captured in her joyous colourful paintings.
- 1961 Born
- 1979-81 Studied Graphic Art and Design, RMIT, Melbourne. Finished with Honours and Dux
- 1981 Worked as illustrator in Fashion and Retail Industry
- 1982-94 Advertising career working for several large agencies and boutiques in Melbourne and Sydney
- 1994 - Full-time mother and artist
- 2011 "Fall In Love With Life", Manyung Gallery, Mount Eliza
- 2010 Atlas Gallery, Chicago
- 2010 Art Images, Adelaide
- 2010 Manyung Gallery Melbourne
- 2009 Glenferrie Road Contemporary Art, Malvern
- 2008 Manyung Gallery, Melbourne Art Show, Art Sydney and Art Brisbane, Art Gallery Collections, Gold Coast
- 2007 Manyung Gallery, Melbourne Art Show, Art Sydney
- 2007 Trevor Victor Harvey Gallery, Sydney
- 2006 Melbourne Affordable Art Show, Art Sydney, and Manyung Gallery - all sold out.
- Solo show at Gullotti Gallery, Perth
- Solo show at Trevor Victor Harvey Gallery, Sydney
- 2005 Solo shows at Gallery Philip Neville, Darwin, and Manyung Gallery - both sold out
- 2004 Group exhibitions, including Melbourne and Sydney Affordable Art Shows. Manyung Gallery solo show sold out
- 2003 Group exhibitions. April, solo at Manyung Gallery
- 2002 December, first solo show, Manyung Gallery - sold out
- 2002 Group exhibitions at Oakhill Gallery
- 2004 Frankston High School, 'Best Contemporary Work'
- 2003 Kunyung Arts Festival, 'Best Acrylic/Oil on Show'
Collections and CommissionsPrivate collections in
- Hong Kong
- Israel, London
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Michelle Hamer, 'How it feels to be a famous artist', The Age, Melbourne, January 17, 2008
Out of stock
Janine Daddo – The JourneySOLD Read more