Susan Angwin – Meditation in Motion I – original Australian painting for sale at JahRoc Art Galleries, Margaret River, South West Perth WA
Susan Angwin - Artist CV Profile
Susan Angwin Artist - Paintings
Susan Angwin - Artist Biography
Established artist Susan Angwin moved permanently to the south coast in June of 2013 to take up residence in the magic of Little Grove, set among the beautiful trees of the Torndirrup National Park and looking across the harbour toward the city of Albany.
Originally from Sydney, Susan moved west in 1984, living and working in Roleystone, in the hills of Perth. Her studio idyllically located along the Canning River.
Whilst busy running Maxwell's Fine Art Gallery, Susan would make her way south as often as possible to soak up the inspiring coastline and old growth forests.
Now, living the dream, settling into the local art community of the southern region, including a studio at the Vancouver Art Centre for the first two years where she also teaches. A Solo exhibition last July at the centre followed a shared exhibition during the Art trail last October.
Recently, Susan moved her studio to the magnificent region of the Porongurups. Nestled into the hillside, a secluded, peaceful place for creative work to emerge.
Constantly inspired by the magic of the world around her Susan works in all mediums in a range of techniques exploring and surrendering to the creative process.
Her artwork can be found in many private and public collections, both nationally and internationally with a regular supply of new work in WA galleries both in Perth and Margaret River.
Date of Birth: 24th March 1947
Sydney - New South Wales - Australia
- 1964 Full Time - Fine Art Studies - North Sydney Fine Art College
- Education in - Painting - Sculpture - Life Drawing - Illustration Calligraphy - Design - Art History
- 1989 - 1994 Part Time - Fine Art Studies - Forrestfield - Midland Tafe
- Diploma of Art and Design- specialising in Painting - Drawing -Design Art History
- 1999 - 2008- Curator and Owner - Maxwell's Fine Art Gallery -
- Cnr Brookton Hwy & Soldiers Rd Roleystone W.A. The Gallery exhibited both Susan's work and that of other established Artists.
- 2009 -2011 Artist in residence at Aurora Natural Health Centre, 2 Mount Street Roleystone. Western Australia.
- Exhibiting her work at the Gallery on a regular basis and teaching painting and drawing in all mediums in the attached studio.
- 1998 - Susan spent 5 months traveling in Europe, painting ,drawing and absorbing the Great Masters. The Netherlands -England -France -Italy - Germany.
- 2008 - Spent 2 months based in France (Lyon). Visiting Switzerland, Spain, Brittany, and the hartes Alpes on the Italian border. Time spent drawing, painting and photographing, creating an exhibition on return
1999 - 99,2000,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,
Maxwells Fine Art Gallery Monthly - Solo or Shared
1999 - 99,2000,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
Private School Annual Exhibitions
Hale - St Hilda - Mazenod - Guilford
1999 - 99,2000,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
District - Council - Exhibitions
Minnawarra - Stirling - Northam - New Norcia
1999 - 99,2000,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,-09,10,11
Charity Exhibitions - Donations
Cancer Foundation - Save Ningaloo - Starlight Foundation
Wilderness Society - Make a Wish Foundation - St. Christopher Anglican Church - Telethon
2008 until 2011.
Aurora Natural Health Centre. Continuous, revolving exhibition.
Kalamunda Fine Art Gallery, Shared exhibition with Artist Maureen den Haan. Ceramics and paintings.
Susan's work is represented in both public and private collections in Western Australia, Eastern Australia, England, Europe, Singapore and Ireland.
Locally at Jah Roc Gallery, Margaret River
Gallery 360, Subiaco, Perth
Vancouver Art Centre, Albany
Art Related Employment
1998,99,2000,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08, - Responsible for co-coordinating a new exhibition at the Gallery every four weeks. This includes communicating with the artists, choosing suitable work, arranging advertising and promotional material, designing and hanging the exhibition, ticketing and preparing artists
Profiles, office duties including book keeping and accounts.
2009 -2011 Artist in residence at Aurora Natural Health Centre, 2 Mount Street Roleystone. Western Australia. Exhibiting her work at the Gallery on a regular basis. Teaching remained a central part of Susan’s focus, maintaining four classes a week, with eight students per class.
Teaching all painting mediums - Watercolour - Oil - Pastel - Acrylic
Drawing techniques, including Life Drawing - Four classes a week.
Susan's studio idyllically situated in the Brookton Valley, Roleystone, Surrounding hills, bush and river are a constant source of inspiration. Local vineyards and orchards often finding their way into the many "Sculptural Landscape Series" paintings, created in various mediums.
Having had a lifelong involvement in the arts, Susan's work has grown, most notably in the transition from Representational to Abstract Expressionism. Focusing on the emotional experience of the subject and expressing this using the reservoir of knowledge acquired over many years.
"A relationship is quickly established with the materials and surface with which I am working, combined with the Spiritual Essence of my being to create an original and exciting painting." - Susan