Kyle Hughes-Odgers – Artist – Paintings – Street Art
Kyle Hughes-Odgers is an Australian painter and installation artist. He has exhibited artwork and created public art extensively throughout Australia and internationally: New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Tokyo, Berlin, Cambodia, Sydney, Paris and Melbourne. His work is held in numerous private and public art collections including Murdoch University,Edith Cowan University, Royal Perth Hospital and DMG architects. In 2010, Hughes-Odgers completed a 45m seven panel public art commission for Murdoch University (Western Australia) followed by a successful solo exhibition with Turner Galleries. 2012 saw Hughes-Odgers hold an international solo exhibition with Okazi gallery Berlin, take a residency in Port Hedland and complete public art commissions across Australia; Claremont W.A, Bundaberg Qld and a 50m public art commission in the Perth Cultural Centre. Branching into children’s literature Hughes-Odgers illustrated his first book ‘Ten Tiny Things’ written by Meg Mckinlay, published through Fremantle Arts Press. His work has previously featured in publications such as Street Art New York, Kingbrown, and Empty magazine.
- A Survival Guide. Swinton gallery Madrid, Spain.
- Glitch. Okazi gallery Berlin, Germany.
- Satellite.Turner Gallery Perth, Australia.
- On a Small Island. (original paintings from the book) State Library of Western Australia.
- All The Wrong Places. CAVE Gallery Los Angeles, USA.
- Repetitive Sequences. Walls Gallery Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- A Thousand Lights from a Hundred Skies. Turner Gallery Perth, Australia
- If We Can’t Control the Boat, Let’s Control the Ocean. Okazi gallery Berlin, Germany
- You Just Have Your Eyes Closed. Turner Gallery Perth, Australia
- Wood and Nails. Distracted Gallery Perth, Australia
- So Many Broken Umbrellas. Gorker Gallery Melbourne, Australia
- Let’s Start a Fire. Keith and Lottie Gallery Perth, Australia
- Kill the Beast. Keith and Lottie Gallery Perth, Australia
- You Can Take My Money But You Will Never Get My Arms. Distracted Gallery
- Who is Twiggy Thip’ Little Creatures Fremantle, Australia
Selected Group Exhibitions:
– Beaux Lane 2m x 15m. Site specific exterior. Mt Lawley Australia 2015
– Glass tile Mosaic 3m x 12m. Site specific exterior DMG architects. Perth Australia 2015
– Giant Children’s book. In collaboration with Perth International arts festival, James Foley and 8 public schools, created as a gift from the children of Perth to the little girl giant for the Giants Royal de Luxe event.
– Wonderwalls. 2 Storey. Site specific exterior. Port Adelaide S.Australia
– BREC Bunbury 3 Storey. Site specific exterior. Bunbury Australia
– Art Basel – Miami
– Art & About / Ambush Gallery. Darling Quarter. Sydney Australia
– Albany Art Prize – Finalist – Vancouver Arts Centre – Albany WA
– Melbourne Art Fair / Represented by Turner Galleries – Melbourne
– Public – Form Gallery – Perth
– Supermarket – Stockholm Independent Art Fair – Sweden
– Re.Discover – Bunbury Regional art gallery Australia
– Perth International Airport.Artwork, 3D and LED light installations. 6m x 80m in total width. Site specific exte- riot, Australia
– Nst Mural Project. 2 sides of 4 storey building . Site specific exterior. Washington DC. USA
– The Giants View. 4 storeys x 4 storeys. Site specific exterior. Perth Australia
– Art & About Darling Quarter. 2.4m x 2.4 x 4 (cube). Site specific exterior. Sydney Australia
– Barkly Square. 5m x 3m. Site specific exterior. Melbourne Australia
– Globe Lane 140 William Street 10m x 10m. Site specific exterior. WA
– Stockland Baldivis. Collab with Brad Eastman. 2 walls x 4m x 15m. Site specific exterior.W.Australia
– Winter – B&B gallery Sheffield – Deck the walls
– C.A.V.E Gallery Los Angeles – Summer collection
– Walls Gallery Amsterdam
– Beyond Eden Art Fair – L.A Municipal Art Gallery
– Neon Golden Above Second Gallery – Hong Kong
– Scope Art Fair – Munich
– Five – C.A.V.E Gallery Los Angeles
– Crest Art Show – Brooklyn NYC
- Fall – C.A.V.E Gallery Los Angeles
- Berlin Gallery week – MMX Gallery Berlin -Dig Faster – Okazi Gallery Berlin
- The Hours – Tate Gallery Sydney
- KingBrown – Klughaus Gallery NYC
- Bright – Okazi gallery and Delight Skateboards – Berlin
- Crest Art Show – Brooklyn NYC
- Scope Miami – C.Emerson Fine Art, Booth B37 – Miami Florida
- Outpost Project – Cockatoo Island, Sydney Australia
- Go Go Gocco – Outre gallery – Melbourne, Perth and Sydney Australia
- Grassy Lot Show – Ludlow Street. L.E.S – New York City
- Street Art Saved My Life:39 New York Stories – C.A.V.E gallery – Venice Los Angeles
- Sergeant Paper – Sergeant Paper Art Store – Paris France 2010
- Microcosm – Lofi Exhibition Space – Sydney
- Last Chance Studio Tour – Perth, Melbourne, Sydney
- Street Art New York – Factory Fresh Gallery – Brooklyn NYC
- Albany Art Prize – Finalist – Vancouver Arts Centre – Albany WA
- Overgrowth 2 – Last Chance Studio – Perth
- Condor Tower Carpark – Condor Tower – Perth
- Unwrapped 09 – United Galleries- Perth
- New Eyes Open – Ambush Gallery – Sydney
- Street Crush – Alphabeta Gallery – Brooklyn NY
- Silver – PICA – Perth
- Kids Today – MTV Gallery – Sydney
- Broken Hands – Per Square Metre Gallery – Melbourne
- 12×12 – Ambush Gallery – Sydney
- Semi-Permanent – Breadbox Gallery – Perth
- Kingbrown 1 – Launch Breadbox – Perth
- The Salvation Show – The Old Pallas Hotel – Perth
2015 – Gaint Children’s book with 4 public schools of Perth as a gift from the children of Perth to the little girl giant as part of the Giant Marionettes event.
2015 – Wonderwalls. 2 Storey. Site specific exterior. Port Adelaide S.Australia
2015 – BREC Bunbury 3 Storey. Site specific exterior. Bunbury Australia
2014 – Baldivis. Collab with Brad Eastman. 2 walls x 4m x 15m. Site specific exterior. W.Australia
2014 – Nst Mural Project. 2 sides of 4 storey building . Site specific exterior. Washington DC. US
2014 – Art & About Darling Quarter. 2.4m x 2.4 x 4 (cube). Site specific exterior. Sydney Australia
2014 – Barkly Square. 5m x 3m. Site specific exterior. Melbourne Australia
2014 – From Above. Artwork, 3D and LED light installations. 6m x 80m in total width.
Site specific exterior. Perth International Airport. Australia
2014 – The Giants View. 4 storeys x 4 storeys. Site specific exterior. Perth Australia
2014 – Darkroom Concept Bunbury 5m x 3m. Site specific exterior. Bunbury Australia
2014 – Globe Lane 140 William Street 10m x 10m. Site specific exterior. Perth Australia
2013 – 1006 Hay St DMG architects 6m x 40m stainless steel perforated screen. Site specific exterior. Perth Australia
2013 – Great Hall – Site specific interior CADS Sheffield England
2013 – MINI Australia. 15m billboard on Broadway Street. TVC and online artist feature. Sydney Australia
2013 Jamie’s Italian. Jamie Oliver restaurant. Site specific interior. Perth Australia.
2012 Lock Lane. Cultural Centre. Site specific exterior approx 50m width. WA
2012 Gugeri Street Claremont. Site specific exterior approx 10m in height. WA
2012 Electra Street Bundaberg. Site specific exterior. 7 artists in 7 days. QLD
2012 Wedge Street Port Hedland. Site specific exterior, approx 30m and 10m. FORM. WA
2012 Gold Lane Subiaco. Site specific exterior approx 15m width. WA
2012 Planet Books Mt Lawley. Site specific exterior approx 20m width. WA
2011 DMG architects. 2 x 1.2 x 2.4m Artworks on board. Private commission WA
2010 Murdoch University ECL Courtyard. Site specific exterior installation on board across 7 panels approx 45m in total width.Murdoch University Art Collection.WA
2010 Forty Hands. Site Specific interior. Private commission. Singapore.
2010 Perth International Art Festival, CBD Laneway WA
2009 St Jerome’s Laneway, Big Day Out, Belvedere 1x, Western Power building – Exterior
- Insite Magazine
- Juxtapoz online
- Skywest inflight magazine
- Brooklyn Street art
- Street Art New York
- The West Australian
- Cracker Your Wardrobe Korea
- Artist’s Chronicle
- The Wire Magazine
- Xpress Fashion
- The Vine
- The Age
- Sunday Times
- Relative magazine
- Empty magazine
- We are the image makers
- Kingbrown magazine
- Woodentoy magazine
- Murdoch University
- Edith Cowan University
- City of Perth
- Art Angels Turner galleries,
- Royal Perth Hospital
- DMG Architects
- Kerry Stokes collection.
2012 Residency – FORM Courthouse Gallery – Port Hedland, Australia
2012 The Ironlak Graffiti Competition REGION 1. Australia/New Zealand.
GOLD: Ayres, Creepy, Daek, Fecks and Ruset.
2012 Finalist – Lethbridge Art Prize, Queensland
2011 Artist in Residence (2 weeks) – Santa Maria College, Perth
2011 Development – Department of Culture and the Arts Western Australia
2010 Finalist – Albany Art Prize, City of Albany
2009 Artflight – Department of Culture and the Arts Western Australia
2014 On a Small Island – Written and Illustrated by Kyle Hughes-Odgers. Published Fremantle Press.
2012 Ten Tiny Things – Written by Meg McKinlay, Illustrated by Kyle Hughes-Odgers. Published through Fremantle Arts Press.