Jenny SandersonJenny is an award winning Margaret River artist who captures the ever changing moods of the landscape surrounding her home. Her atmospheric paintings of vineyards and her sensitive portrait works are well known to collectors. Jenny Sanderson has participated in solo and group exhibitions and is an invited member of The Watercolour Society of W.A. Her work is represented in collections such as Alcoa Australia, Westpac Collection and private collections throughout Australia, United Kingdom, USA and South Africa.
Jenny Sanderson - Artist BiographyFor me, the belief that "light is life and the source crucial" reins paramount when planning the composition of a painting. Atmosphere is created by the synergy between my subconscious and drafting skills, reflecting my emotive response to the subject matter. I can often be seen sketching or painting in watercolour in the vineyards "en-plain-air" as I believe that is the best way to capture the true essence of the subject.
Australian CollectionsAmberly Estate Winery; Cape Mentelle Winery; Voyager Estate Winery, Bettenays Winery; Alcoa Australia; Ashton Chambers St Georges Terrace; Bayswater Council: Kempton Morrel; Westpac Collection; Midland Court; Scotch College Centennial painting & Methodist Ladies College. Private collections throughout Australia, United Kingdom ,USA and South Africa.
QualificationsJenny studied drawing under Professor Rose of the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, and also trained as a draftsperson. She continued her career in drafting until 1985 when she left the profession of drafting to paint full-time.
- 2007 Xanadu Estate Winery - Joint Artisans Exhibition
- Xanadu Estate Winery - Feature Artist at Margaret River Tourism Awards
- 2006 Yallingup Gallery - Joint Artisans Exhibition
- 2005 Vasse Felix Winery - Joint Artisans Exhibition
- 2004 Cape Mentelle Winery - Solo Exhibition
- 2002 Margaret River Gallery - Solo Exhibition
- 2001 Amberly Estate Winery - Solo "The Alternative Winter "
- 2000 Margaret River Gallery - Solo "A light touch from Margaret River to to Tuscany"
- 1999 Margaret River Gallery - " The Grape " joint with 6 other artists
- 1998 Amberly Estate Winery - Solo "The 98 Vintage"
- 1997 Margaret River Gallery Solo - "The Essence of Margaret River "
- 1994 Ric's Gallery - Mixed Exhibition with 4 other Artists
- 1993 Houghton's Winery - Joint with Watercolour Society of W.A.
- 1992 Accent Gallery - Organised and exhibited for WA Research Institute of Child Health "
- A Shed Gallery - Joint with Watercolour Society of WA.
- 1991 Bay Gallery - Joint " Professions"
- 1990 Bay Gallery - Solo Exhibition
Awards and Commissions
- 2008 Highly Commended at Vasse Art Awards
- Highly Commended at Margaret River Rotary Art Awards
- 2006 Highly Commended at Cossack Art Awards
- Best local artist at Margaret River Rotary Art Awards
- 2005 Best local artist at Margaret River Rotary Art Awards
- 2004 Winner of Margaret River Rotary Business Directory
- 2002 Commissioned to paint cover design for Wine Travellers Guide to WA.
- 2000 Commissioned to paint entrance statement for All Seasons Hotel,Margaret River.
- 1997 Winner Pinjarra Rotary Art Exhibition
- Commissioned to paint 4 works for the foyer of Ashton Chambers in St Georges Terrace
- Commissioned to paint the Centennial Scotch College painting
- 1996 Winner of Watercolour Society of WA
- 1994 Finalist of Mandorla Contemporary Religious Art Award
- 1992 Winner of Watercolour Society of WA.
- 1991 Winner of section title "Professions" in theme Exhibition at Bay Gallery
- 1989 Melville Art Award 1st prize open watercolour section
- 1988 Perth Royal Show 1st prize watercolour Architectural section
- Bayswater Bicentennial Art Acquisition
- South Perth Art Society Highly Commended Watercolour
Jenny Sanderson – Margaret River Autumn Vines$1,950.00 Purchase