Georgia Morgan - Artist - SculptureMetal and mother-of-pearl are Georgia’s primary mediums and she manipulates them in multiple ways, giving life to whatever subject material inspires her on a day to day basis. With a background in pearl farming and inspired by pearl shell, Georgia Morgan initially threw her artistic talents into jewellery design, which soon evolved via CAD design into a unique and passionate affair with metal sculpture. Overflowing with design inspiration, Georgia’s sculptures range from figurative, sea animals, flora, wall panels, to functional fire pits. Georgia also creates architectural and landscape design elements on a commission basis and loves to work with other designers and artists.
Artist StatementWith my extensive Morgan Pearling family History and love of the Mother of Pearl Shell I plan to use my CNC Plasma cutter along with my Graphic/Cad designing skills and imagination as my signature in creating one of a kind Sculptures, wall pieces, lighting & furniture using steel, aluminium and various other metals. I have interesting ideas exploring the use of steel patina’s and dyes, plus engraving metal patterns that are set in a more complex 3 dimensional shapes as well as 2D Art using simple vector shapes in order to create a larger more complex shape. As Mother of Pearl Shell is my Signature feature I have amazing ideas to making them into large Chandeliers to be centre Wow pieces!
Georgia Morgan CV
- 12 month Jewellery apprentice
- Forklift operating license
- Small Business course
- Migg Welding course
- Arc Welding Course
- Computer Software Training
- - Adobe Illustrator
- - Adobe Photoshop
- - Adobe In Design
- - ARTCAM (CAD Software)
- - 3Design (CAD Software)
- - PlasmaCam Software (For operating CNC Plasma Cutter that Georgia owns)
- In 2015 Georgia purchased a state of the Art CNC Plasma cutting machine which enables her to utilize her Graphic design / CAD design ability and imagination to cut and make virtually anything in metal.
Member of -
- The Sculpture Society of Australia
- JAA Jewellers Association of Australia
Award Winning Pieces -
- 2006 - Bling Bling Ring, JAA Award winner 2006 (Jewellers Association of Australia)
- 2015 - A View to Asia Shinju Sculpture Exhibition 2015 Broome 2nd Prize Winner for “The Manta Pearlers” Sculpture.
- 2016 - Pro Hart Outback prize 2016 - 2nd Prize Winner for “a farmers drought” steel sculpture.
- 2016 - A view to Asia Broome Shinju Matsuri Exhibition – People’s Choice Award Winner 2016 “Lady Pearl” Sculpture
- Shinju Matsuri Broome “A View to Asia” 2014 – “Radial Allure” – Sold after event
- Shinju Matsuri Broome “A View to Asia” 2015 – “The Manta Pearlers” – 2nd Prize
- Pro Hart Outback prize Broken Hill 2016 – “a farmers drought” – 2nd Prize.
- SWELL Sculpture Exhibition Gold Coast 2016 – “Flow of the Sea”
- Mother of Pearl Shell
- Stainless Steel
- Galvanised Steel
Out of stock
Georgia Morgan – The Flaming Jillaroo SculptureSOLD Read more
Georgia Morgan – Surfboard Sculptural Ethanol Heater$8,000.00 Purchase
Georgia Morgan – Memories of Margs Fire Pit$1,900.00 Purchase
Georgia Morgan – Oceanfire Fire Pit$1,100.00 Purchase
Georgia Morgan – Wine & Cheese Fire Pit$800.00 Purchase
Georgia Morgan – Sea Urchin Fire Pit$1,500.00 Purchase
Georgia Morgan – Sea Sponge Citronella Oil Burner$700.00 Purchase
Georgia Morgan – Half Float Citronella Oil Burner$550.00 Purchase
Georgia Morgan – The Manta Pearlers$45,000.00 Purchase