Michael Siegenthaler PainterOriginally from rural NSW Michael Siegenthaler spent many years painting from his studio in Witchcliffe located in the beautiful south-west corner of Western Australia where his subjects included the majestic Karri forests and winding rivers of the local environment surrounding his home. His luscious paint surfaces applied with the palette knife create impressions of the transient nature of light and colour in the landscape. Michael now resides in Queensland.
Michael Siegenthaler - Artist BiographyBorn 1972 Sydney Michael Siegenthaler's recent works draw inspiration from the local environment. His subjects include the Boranup Forest and the Margaret River. Primarily his art practice deals with observations of light in the landscape and the transient nature of colour. His palette knife paintings play with contrasting colour to create impressions of light and depth. Having painted his way around Australia - it's unique light and landscape remain a constant source of inspiration to his work. Originally from rural N.S.W Michaels artistic education spans from age 11 through to teaching at University, working in restoration, picture framing and directing his own gallery in Sydney. Currently Michael tutors and paints professionally from his own Witchcliffe studio. His paintings are collected both nationally and internationally.
- 1983 - 85 Hawkesbury Community College - Painting and drawing classes 1985 - 89 Alan James Art School - oil painting classes 1990 Higher School Certificate - Parramatta Marist Brothers 1991 Strathfield T.A.F.E - fiberglass fabrication 1991 - 95 University of Western Sydney, Nepean Graduated with BA (visual arts) Honours 1997 Graduated with Master of Arts Honours, UWS
- 1994 - 2003 Various positions with framing workshops.
- Head painted finishes framer at FX Framing.
- 1996 - 97 Technical Officer University of Western Sydney
- 1999 - 2003 Director of M.J.S Creative Solutions
- Manager Lords Road Studios. Conduct tuition of visual arts and camping retreats for artists.
Exhibitions and Awards
- 1992 "ArtExpress" traveling HSC student exhibition
- UWS First Year Student Expo, Fairfield School of Arts
- "The End of The Beginning", Peachtree Studios, UWS Nepean.
- Hawkesbury Art Society Exhibition.
- Hawkesbury Art Society Garry Young, Young Artist of the Year Award.
- 1993 2D or not 2D, Space YZ, UWS Nepean.
- 1994 B.A. Graduation Exhibition, UWS Nepean
- National Graduate Exhibition, Perth Institute of Contemporary Art.
- "Doing Time", Casula Power House, Sydney
- "Out of the Analogue", Center for the Arts, Hobart
- 1999 - Current Paintings showcased at:
- Graphic Art Gallery, Sydney
- JahRoc Galleries, Margaret River W.A
- Boranup Galleries, Margaret River W.A
- 2001 - 2005 2 Group shows at Depot Gallery, Sydney
- 2005 Rotary Art Award (runner up)
- 2005 "Natures Light" JahRoc Galleries Margaret River
- 2007 "Summer Exhibition" Clarion Contemporary Art. London UK
- 2007 "Sea and Sky" Clarion Contemporary Art. London UK
Collections 1999 - Current
- Andreone Solicitors, Sydney
- Ruth Levine Designs, Sydney
- Grant Samuels & Associates, Sydney
- N.S.W Board of Studies
- St John Of God Hospital
- New York
Michael Siegenthaler Home$9,500.00 Purchase
Michael Siegenthaler Raid$3,900.00 Purchase
Michael Siegenthaler Where The Water Is$4,900.00 Purchase