Donald Green ArtistDonald Green is a passionate, multitalented artist across many design genres. His artwork is breathtaking and a wonderful insight into a world of intrigue and opulence celebrating the earth’s natural world of flora and fauna.
Artist StatementMy passion for drawing has been with me all of my life. It is fundamental to all my art and design work. I follow the classic tradition of drawing from life and nature, either in the studio or outdoors where I observe and record the immediate world around me. At an early age I was encouraged to follow my intuitive need to draw the landscape, building, human activity, fauna and flora. Allied with this was my inherent interest in architectural structure. This was expressed by building models and designing sets for a miniature theatre. After leaving high school, I entered a four year Diploma course at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology. This training appropriately focused on the traditional aspects of figure-drawing, technique, pure design, and art history. On graduation, almost three years were spent as a junior creative director in the Melbourne advertising agency, BCJP. My feeling of cultural isolation led to a yearning to travel, firstly to Europe and so began an itinerant life style which also gave me the necessary freedom to work as an independent artist. “Following graduation from RMIT in 1959, several years were spent in advertising working as a junior art director which funded plans for travel to Europe; this initiated an independent itinerant life as a multi-faceted artist and designer. Traditional art values based upon drawing, combined with a passion for nature, history, architecture and design, has led to ongoing collaboration with architects, interior designers, patrons and clients, in a diverse range of mediums, applications and commissioned projects. The creative challenges of working on murals, decorative and applied art, drawings on gilded panels, set design, conceptual design for architectural projects as well as topographical drawing trips, have occupied me for more than 50 years in twelve countries – and continues to do so.“ - D H G
Donald Green Curriculum Vitae
- 1965 ~ Venue at Melbourne architects: Eggleston, McDonald & Seacombe
- 1968 ~ Leveson Street Gallery, Melbourne
- 1971/76 ~ Sydenham Gallery, Adelaide
- 1975 ~ Churchill Gallery, Perth
- 1982 ~ The David Jones Gallery, Sydney
- 1986 ~ Bay Gallery of Fine Art, Perth
- 1987 ~ Ahern’s Gallery, Perth
- 2013 ~ Dubai Hotel Show, World Trade Centre, UAE
- 2014 ~ three rooms gallery, Sydney. Participated in mixed exhibitions at McClelland Gallery, Victoria. Accent Gallery, Perth. South Yarra Gallery, Melbourne. Australian Galleries, Melbourne.
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery
- Art Gallery of Western Australia
- McClelland Gallery, Victoria
- Perth Teacher’s College
- Shepparton Art Gallery, Victoria
- Newcastle Art Gallery, NSW
- Private collections USA, Europe
- Australia Kerry Stokes, M. and J. Smyth, P. Harford, J. and E. Bendat, E. Sheinberg.
- 1957- 60 ~ Royal Melbourne Technical College, Diploma of Graphic Design.
- 1968 and 69 ~ New York USA. Study on Scholarship at the Arts Students’ League, print-making, anatomy, figure-drawing.
Donald Green – Bali Kites$12,000.00 Purchase
Donald Green – Boab Forrest Fossil Downs Station Kimberley$6,500.00 Purchase
Donald Green – Tropical Still Life$18,000.00 Purchase
Donald Green – Autumn Path$18,000.00 Purchase
Donald Green – Haiku Tapestry Diptych$18,000.00 Purchase