Nada Kesic - Glass ArtistWestern Australian glass artist Nada Kesic has been on a creating with passion for over 4o years. She has worked with many different mediums and art forms, each working alongside her personal journey through life as her expressive outlet. Sculpture has been her main stay; bronze, clay, wood and in recent years casting in glass. Nada Kesic enjoys the chameleon-like nature of glass from it’s static form to molten liquid and at the end a constant surprise of melded colours and translucency. Nada enjoys pushing the boundaries and creates glass sculptures that are both beautiful to look at, and also leave the viewer pondering a deeper layer of meaning behind them.
Artist StatementMy passion for art is a mirror of the evolving journey of myself as a painter, sculptor, ceramicist, poet and now the glass artist I am today. Glass amazes me, has captured me with its chameleon-like nature from static form to molten liquid and at the end a constant surprise of melded colours, captured bubbles and shifting shadows of translucence creating dynamic ethereal works of art. Kiln fused, slumped and cast sculptural forms. Since the 1970’s I have created sculptures in various mediums - bronze, clay, wood and now casting in glass. I want to explore and push the boundaries of what is and isn’t possible and to find my place within the bounds dictated by this medium.
- Nada Kesic, (1952), Western Australia
Creative Pursuits: 1970's to 2016 (full and part time)
- at Perth Technical College, Clarement School of Art, Studio
- Sculptures - Bronze, Clay,
- Oil and Acrylic Painting - Perth Technical College, Claremont School of Art WA.
- Diploma of Ceramics - Perth Central Tafe
- Poetry, Photography.
- Glass Art as indicated below.
Glass Workshops - to 2016
- Kiln Formed Fusing, Slumping, Cast, Vitrograph, Pate de Verre, Screen, Decal Printing.
- Edith Cowan University, Western Australia, NSW School of Art, Art Glass Studio W.A.
- NSW School of Art Casting Workshop
- Hannah Kippax (UK) Kiln Casting
- Alicia Lomne (USA) Kiln Pate de Verre Casting
- Shona Firman (New Zealand) Casting
- Brenda Page (Australia) Casting
- Narcissus Quagliata (Mexico) – Intermediate and Advanced Kiln Fusing and Vitrograph
- Ruth McCallum Howell (New Zealand) Kiln Casting
- David Reekie (UK) Kiln Casting
- Nathan Sandberg (USA) Kiln Casting and Colour Exploration
- Steve Klein (USA) Kiln Formed Fuse and Slump
- Silvia Levenson (Italy) Casting Screen/Decal Printing
- Catherine Newell - (USA) Kiln Fused
- Judy Elliot (Australia) Kiln Melt
- Richard Parrish (USA) Casting
- Aspects Gallery Kings Park WA
- Zig Zag Gallery Kalamunda WA
- Lava Glass Gallery Bunbury WA
- Glass + More Emerge Gallery
- Katanning Art Prize WA
- Mundaring Art Centre Gallery WA
- Old Bakery on 8th Avenue WA
- City of Cambridge Art Prize WA
- Artsglass Studio WA
- WA Department of Education - Teacher's Award Trophy