Bec Juniper - Artist - PaintingsCelebrated Western Australian Artist Bec Juniper explores the earth, the movement, patterns and textures of flood, the geology of reef and rock, the drought the wind and the erosion. The powerful nature of Australia, this constantly moving living earth and our relationship as people living in it is incorporated in her aerial landscapes. Bec Juniper mimics the landscape in her paintings by using raw materials such as fine pigments of zinc or iron oxide connecting her work to mother nature.
Bec Juniper - Artist BiographyAustralian Artist Bec Juniper is known for her aerial landscape paintings of the Australian outback, using a mixed media of substances found in nature and applied to the canvas to create a variety of different effects. She works in layers, letting the painting speak for itself and while it takes Bec on a journey of discovery. Daughter of well known Western Australian Artist Robert Juniper, Bec Juniper has been practicing art since as early as she can remember.
- 2000 Visual Art Communications and literacy, Curtin University, WA
- 1989 Fine Art Photography and Design, University of Hobart, Tas
- 1988 BA Fine Art and Design, Claremont School of Art, Claremont, WA
- 1987 DIP Fine Art and Design, Perth Technical College, Perth, WA
- 2017 "More Than I Imagine" Wagner Contemporary Gallery, Sydney NSW
- 2016 "Soft Illusions" JahRoc Galleries, Margaret River, WA
- 2016 "Tempelhof" Linton and Kay, Perth
- 2014 "Personal Cult of the Land" JahRoc Galleries, Margaret River, WA
- 2013 "Insequent Streams" Linton and Kay Perth.
- 2012 "Dusty Clockless Hours" Margaret River gallery
- 2009 "Botany lot 462" Aspects Kings park
- 2009 "Shape of Colour 2009" Margaret River Art Gallery.
- 2008 "times the revelator" Gomboc Gallery Sculpture Park, Middle Swan, WA.
- 2007 "3000 kms", Margaret River Gallery, Margaret River, WA
- 2006 "untitled" Gomboc Gallery Sculpture Park, Middle Swan, W.A
- 2004 "untitled" Gomboc Gallery Sculpture park, Middle Swan, W.A
- 1998 "The shape of colour" Margaret River Art Gallery, Margaret River,W.A
Select Group Exhibitions
- 2014 "35,000 Feet" Wagner Art Gallery, Sydney, NSW
- 2011 Cossack Art Prize invited artist
- 2002 Melbourne Art Fair, Melbourne
- 2002 "Grass Tree", The Works, Fremantle, WA.
- 2001 "Second Skin", Fremantle Arts Centre, Fremantle, WA
- 2001 "Junipers", Juniper Estate, Margaret River, W.A
- 2001 "The Works", The Works, Fremantle, W.A
- 2000 "Junipers", Juniper Estate, Margaret River, W.A
- 1997 "Southwest Survey", Bunbury Regional gallery, Bunbury, W.A
- 1996 "Margaret River wine Festival", Evans and Tate, Margaret River, W.A. 1994 "Junipers", Monsoon Gallery, Broome, W.A.
- 1994 "Don't Panic", Margaret River Arts Council, Margaret River, W.A 1993 "Murdoch", QV1, Perth, W.A.
- 2006 ARTSWA - Bikelab - residencies throughout regional W.A
- 2005 Festivals Australia - Shire of Mundaring - Trek the trails
- 2004 Department of Education - teaching art and resources to teachers and students
- 2004 Country Arts - art folio extension education program
- 1999 Australia Council - CEAD grant
Select Sculpture & Landscape Design Commissions
- 2010 Percent For Art - Lead Artist - Governor Stirling Senior High School
- 2009 Prefered provider - Artist City Rockingham Public Art Program
- 2008 Bondi sculpture by the Sea
- 2008 Exhibition curator and consultant, City of Rockingham, WA.
- 2006/07 Awesome Cre8tive Challenge, Punmu and Purnululu Pilbra & Kimberley WA.
- 2005/09 Lead artist Artistic and cultural development and public art design for Multiplex at Vale.
- 2005 Commission, Awesome Cre8tive Challenge Arts Festival, Perth, WA
- 2005 Landart, roundabout, Shire of Mundaring, Mundaring, WA
- 2005 Design and Community Art, Winterfold Primary School, Beaconsfield, WA.
- 2005 Mural, Ardross Estates Beachridge Estate , Jurien bay, WA.
- 2004 Land Art Installation, Trek the trails Project, Festivals Australia, WA.
- 2004 Public art design & project management, Moltoni Clough Salentina Ridge re-development, Beaconsfield W.A
- 2001 Landscape design and consultancy, Pindan Constructions, Beaufort Central re-development
- 2000 Public art design and project management, Burswood Casino, WA
- 1999 Public art design and project management, Margaret River Skate Park , Margaret River.
- 1999 Public art design and project management, Margaret River Aquatic Centre, Margaret River.
- 1996 Public art design and project management, Yoganup Park, Shire of Busselton.
- 1996 Percent for Art, East Perth Redevelopment (EPRA).
Representation, WA Public Art Collections
- City of Rockingham
- City of Stirling
- Town of Busselton
- City of Fremantle
- Shire of Margaret River
- City of Port Hedland
- Town of Serpentine Jarrahdale Mulitplex
- Perth Airport
- Fortescue Metals Group City of Cockburn